Completing Level 3 will award individuals with a certificate accrediting them as Trainee Islamic Counsellors.
|Level: Level 3||Subject Sector: Psychology, Islamic Counselling|
|Duration: 7 Weekends / 98 hours||Cities Available: London, Manchester, Birmingham|
|Entry Requirements:||Price: |
|Payment Plan Eligible: Yes||Start Date: January 2019|
• Explore what the difference between ‘helping’ and ‘counselling’
• Look at different levels of counselling and psychotherapy training and treatment method
• Understand conscious and unconscious boundary crossing and why this might happen for both counsellor and clients
• Understanding of the characteristics needed within the therapeutic relationship to develop a successful process that leads to growth, change and healing.
• Explore what theory is, models vs theories on the self
• Reflect on positive mental health using case examples and group discussion.
• Think about how the ethical framework informs the counselling and use hypothetical cases to highlight issues
• Explore different agendas of counsellor and client and how it might come up in the work
• Explore working on own personal issues enabling better working with others, difference between being heard and being understood
Individuals who hold a Level 2 Certificate in Islamic Counselling Skills or Recognised Prior Learning (RPL):
Individuals will be asked to attend an interview where they will discuss their readiness to embark on the next stage of training and how they think they meet the characteristics identified below:
• Ability to translate intra-personal experience into language.
• Are able to benefit from self-development.
• Emotional stability.
• Evidence of personal insight.
• Ability to form a helping relationship.
• Awareness of difference and diversity.
• Be motivated towards developing as an Islamic counselling practitioner.
• The course fee is inclusive of the £150 registration fee which is a non-refundable deposit to accept and secure a place on the course. Payment for the remainder of the balance can be paid in full or it can be paid in monthly instalments.
Instruction on what to do with it here