Becoming a Counsellor
- If I am a qualified Counsellor, do I have to re-do Counselling modules?
No. If you are a qualified Counsellor, you can do our fast-track 1 year Mainstream Counsellors Qualification which consists of only Islamic modules.
- If I am a Qualified Counsellor, can I become LIPC accredited by just completing the necessary modules?
No. In addition to completing the additional modules, individuals across all programmes are expected to also submit a thesis.
- Who will assess/mark my thesis?
The LIPC Accreditation Board, consisting of a number of scholars and experts in the field of Psychology, Psychotherapy and Islamic Counselling, will assess each thesis and assign a mark. Every thesis will be peer-reviewed.
- Do you have any full-time programmes?
Our Islamic Counselling courses are tailored for individuals who work full-time as well as individuals seeking to further their qualifications, hence, in order make it flexible all our programmes are part-time.
- I may not be able to complete all the years, can I leave and join again later?
You will receive credits based on the modules you complete. You can therefore leave and join from where you left – subject to there being space in our classes.
- If I cannot pay the annual fee in one sum, can I pay in instalments?
Yes, you can opt for our 12-month instalment plan.
- If I drop-out, can I get my fees refunded?
If you pay in one-sum, the percentage of how much you can be refunded will vary – please speak to the administrator. If you pay in instalments, and you drop-out before the end of the month, you will not receive a refund for the month you haven’t completed. If you pay by direct debit, you must request your bank to stop the monthly instalments.
- Do I need to be an undergraduate to be legible to do the 3 ½ years course?
For our 3 ½ programme, the only prerequisite is that you must be 18 years old or over. We encourage individuals from all aspects of life, all professions, to enrol in this programme and get a better understanding of psychology and counselling from both a western and Islamic point of view.
- Do I need to show evidence of my Islamic/Counselling background?
Yes. If you are an imam, shariah graduate, or a qualified mainstream counsellor, you will need to show evidence of your qualifications during enrolment.